Students will learn how to:
- Acquire, send and transfer information bi-directionally from business systems such as relational databases.
- Develop business logic in our visual environment.
- Send data to “middleware” systems, such as TCP in various formats, ASCII, XML.
- Use this information and deliver it to the cloud for visualization.
- Use the cloud as “data in transit” to also access an IT system.
Topics: Enterprise IoT deployment in a factory, PLCs, MODBUS, device drivers, and administration are just a few of the topics covered.
Length: Two days
Target Audience: System integrators and engineers tasked with installing, configuring, and maintaining an IoT implementation in a closed (non-cloud) environment in addition to the Cloud.
Suggested Skillset: Student should be familiar with basic PLC Industrial communications concepts, TCP/IP, Serial, Ethernet/IP, PROFINET, Modbus, OPC and a basic understanding of database technology and its concepts: tables, operation such as INSERT, SELECT etc. etc.